Monday, February 11, 2008

Did you know? Oly trivia

So, the other day I had my husband drop by Olympus to pick a, ahem, $40 alumni directory just so I could quadruple-check that I had every '88 graduate on my list. I'd missed about five but had three or four they didn't have. So, I say, the more the merrier.


Did you know:

Though unconfirmed, the only teacher that's still teaching when we were there is Mr. Felt?

Olympus sits on 26.5 acres and cost $1,356,092.01 and opened its doors on Sept. 1, 1953?

Other than songleaders, cheerleaders and student body officers (well, maybe not anymore), does anyone know all the words to Oly's school song?

Well, here goes:
Here at Olympus where the Titans grow,
You're gonna find yourself on winners row.
There's not another can half compare,
If you're not from Olympus
You're from nowhere.

Mighty as Hercules we take our stand,
winning each vict'ry with an iron hand.
We're gonna soar to the sky Olympus
We know we can if we try. Rah! Rah! Rah!
Hail Olympus!
Proudly we all salute you.
Named from our mountain grand,
Rugged and strong you stand.
Hail Olympus!
Holding aloft your colors,
Hear now our battle cry,

Long Live Olympus High.
(I got this from the alumni directory, too.)

4 comments :

Morgan Memories said...

For the record, I was not any of those people, but I did know the song. It must of been all the games I attended!!

Excited for August!

Anonymous said...

Did our chorus teacher require us to learn the song? I can always summon the words when any missionary ventures here from the Skyline/Oly/Cottonwood triangle. That's when the kids slide down their dinner seats under the table.
Missing you all in August!

Anonymous said...

As far as teachers at the school go, Coach Barton is still there. I'm not sure if he's still the chess coach.

Anne said...

I was just checking out the Olympust Highschool blog and saw that Mr Ashton, the orchestra teacher is still there too!

Saw Mr. Felt's picture and he hasn't changed a bit...amazing!!!